By Javier Fernandez Gonzalez
- Get precise assurance of significant recipes on multi-threading and parallel programming
- This ebook takes an in depth examine the Java nine APIs and their influence on concurrency
- See useful examples on thread safeguard, high-performance sessions, secure sharing, and a complete lot more
Writing concurrent and parallel programming purposes is an fundamental ability for any Java programmer. Java nine comes with a bunch of wonderful positive factors, together with major functionality advancements and new APIs.
This booklet will take you thru all of the new APIs, displaying you the way to construct parallel and multi-threaded purposes. The ebook covers the entire components of the Java Concurrency API, with crucial recipes that can assist you benefit from the intriguing new capabilities.
You will the best way to use parallel and reactive streams to strategy vast facts units. subsequent, you'll stream directly to create streams and use all their intermediate and terminal operations to technique substantial collections of information in a parallel and sensible way.
Further, you will find an entire diversity of recipes for nearly every thing, equivalent to thread administration, synchronization, executors, parallel and reactive streams, and lots of extra. on the finish of the e-book, you are going to the way to receive information regarding the prestige of a few of the main worthwhile parts of the Java Concurrency API and the way to check concurrent functions utilizing diverse tools.
What you'll learn
- Find out to regulate the elemental parts of the Java Concurrency API
- Use synchronization mechanisms to prevent facts race stipulations and different difficulties of concurrent applications
- Separate the thread administration from the remainder of the appliance with the Executor framework
- Solve difficulties utilizing a parallelized model of the divide and triumph over paradigm with the Fork / sign up for framework
- Process gigantic info units in an optimized manner utilizing streams and reactive streams
- See which information buildings we will be able to use in concurrent purposes and the way to exploit them
- Practice effective strategies to check concurrent applications
- Get to grasp assistance and tips to layout concurrent applications
About the Author
Javier Fernandez Gonzalez is a software program architect with nearly 15 years of expertise in Java applied sciences. He has labored as a instructor, researcher, programmer, analyst, and author, and he now works as an architect in all kinds of tasks relating to Java, specifically J2EE. As a instructor, has taken over 1,000 hours of educating in easy Java, J2EE, and the Struts framework. As a researcher, he has labored within the box of knowledge retrieval, constructing functions for processing quite a lot of facts in Java, and has participated as a coauthor in different magazine articles and convention shows. lately, he labored on constructing J2EE internet purposes for varied consumers from varied sectors (public management, coverage, healthcare, transportation, and so on). at the moment, he works as a software program architect. he's the writer of the e-book, Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook and getting to know Concurrency Programming with Java eight by means of Packt.
Table of Contents
- Thread Management
- Basic Thread Synchronization
- Thread Synchronization Utilities
- Thread Executors
- Fork/Join Framework
- Parallel and Reactive Streams
- Concurrent Collections
- Customizing Concurrency Classes
- Testing Concurrent Applications
- Additional Information
- Concurrent Programming Design