By Steve Ellis,Alan Farmer
Enhance and extend your scholars' wisdom and figuring out in their AQA breadth research via professional narrative, innovative abilities improvement and bespoke essays from prime historians on key debates.
- Builds scholars' realizing of the occasions and problems with the interval with authoritative, well-researched narrative that covers the specification content
- Introduces the major suggestions of switch, continuity, reason and end result, encouraging scholars to make comparisons throughout time as they develop in the course of the course
- Improves scholars' talents in tackling interpretation questions and essay writing by way of supplying transparent counsel and perform activities
- Boosts scholars' interpretative abilities and curiosity in historical past via prolonged examining possibilities which include especially commissioned essays from training historians on appropriate debates
- Cements realizing of the large concerns underpinning the interval with overviews of the foremost questions, end-of-chapter summaries and diagrams that double up as convenient revision aids
Read Online or Download AQA A-level History: The Quest for Political Stability: Germany 1871-1991 (Aqa a Level History) PDF
Best uk history books
Jerry White's London within the 20th Century, Winner of the Wolfson Prize, is a masterful account of the city’s such a lot tumultuous century via its major specialist. In 1901 no different urban matched London in dimension, wealth and grandeur. but it was once additionally a urban the place poverty and sickness have been rife. For its population, such contradictions and variety have been the defining adventure of the subsequent century of astounding swap.
Within the past due 19th century one guy replaced Oxford without end. T. G. Jackson outfitted the exam faculties, the Bridge of Sighs, labored at a dozen schools, and restored a rating of alternative Oxford icons. He additionally outfitted for plenty of of the most important public faculties, for the college of Cambridge, and on the motels of court docket.
This publication re-examines the connection among Britain and colonial slavery in an important interval within the delivery of contemporary Britain. Drawing on a accomplished research of British slave-owners and mortgagees who bought repayment from the country for the tip of slavery, and tracing their trajectories in British lifestyles, the amount explores the economic, political, cultural, social, highbrow, actual and imperial legacies of slave-ownership.
Addressing the dynamics of strength in early glossy societies, this booklet demanding situations the present tendency to work out previous societies when it comes to binary oppositions - akin to male/female, rich/poor, rulers/ruled - during which the deprived have impression purely in moments of direct war of words. Drawing on fresh social idea, the essays supply a sequence of micro-sociologies of energy in early sleek society, starting from the politics of age, gender and sophistication to the politics of state-building within the post-Reformation confessional kingdom.
Extra resources for AQA A-level History: The Quest for Political Stability: Germany 1871-1991 (Aqa a Level History)