By Angela Anderson,Dale Scarboro
Enhance and extend your scholars' wisdom and knowing in their AQA breadth learn via specialist narrative, revolutionary talents improvement and bespoke essays from prime historians on key debates.
- Builds scholars' realizing of the occasions and problems with the interval with authoritative, well-researched narrative that covers the specification content
- Introduces the major thoughts of switch, continuity, reason and end result, encouraging scholars to make comparisons throughout time as they improve throughout the course
- Improves scholars' talents in tackling interpretation questions and essay writing through offering transparent suggestions and perform activities
- Boosts scholars' interpretative abilities and curiosity in historical past via prolonged examining possibilities which include specifically commissioned essays from working towards historians on suitable debates
- Cements knowing of the huge matters underpinning the interval with overviews of the foremost questions, end-of-chapter summaries and diagrams that double up as convenient revision aids
Read Online or Download AQA A-level History: Stuart Britain and the Crisis of Monarchy 1603-1702 PDF
Best uk history books
Jerry White's London within the 20th Century, Winner of the Wolfson Prize, is a masterful account of the city’s such a lot tumultuous century through its best professional. In 1901 no different urban matched London in measurement, wealth and grandeur. but it used to be additionally a urban the place poverty and disorder have been rife. For its population, such contradictions and variety have been the defining event of the following century of marvelous switch.
Within the overdue 19th century one guy replaced Oxford without end. T. G. Jackson outfitted the exam faculties, the Bridge of Sighs, labored at a dozen schools, and restored a rating of different Oxford icons. He additionally equipped for plenty of of the foremost public colleges, for the college of Cambridge, and on the lodges of courtroom.
This ebook re-examines the connection among Britain and colonial slavery in an important interval within the start of recent Britain. Drawing on a accomplished research of British slave-owners and mortgagees who acquired reimbursement from the kingdom for the top of slavery, and tracing their trajectories in British lifestyles, the amount explores the industrial, political, cultural, social, highbrow, actual and imperial legacies of slave-ownership.
Addressing the dynamics of strength in early glossy societies, this booklet demanding situations the prevailing tendency to determine earlier societies by way of binary oppositions - equivalent to male/female, rich/poor, rulers/ruled - during which the deprived have impact purely in moments of direct disagreement. Drawing on fresh social idea, the essays provide a chain of micro-sociologies of strength in early smooth society, starting from the politics of age, gender and sophistication to the politics of state-building within the post-Reformation confessional nation.
Additional info for AQA A-level History: Stuart Britain and the Crisis of Monarchy 1603-1702